There is no question another wind, flood, hail, or rain storm is in our future. It is always best to do a little preparation now so that you and your family are ready. First, we recommend that you have an agent complete a personal insurance review. There are some key areas of your personal insurance that help you in the event of a storm. These are just a sample of the kinds of questions we might ask you.
• Do you have flood insurance?
• If you live in high wind areas, you may need special wind coverage.
• Are your deductibles in line with your lifestyle?
• Does your homeowner’s insurance include extra expense coverage? This would provide funds to rent a second home or a hotel room in the event your home needs repairs.
Create An Emergency Kit
• Three-day supply of food and water
• Sanitation and personal hygiene items
• Photocopies of identification and credit cards
• Solar power source for smartphone
• Dust masks for every family member
• Items for infants such as formula, diapers, bottles, and pacifiers
• First aid kit