Our Corporate Mailing Address:
2003 NW Northdale Blvd - Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Call: 763-754-1824 -Fax: 763-862-9367

Friday, December 8, 2017 6:03 pm

A 2018 Personal Insurance Guide

change-948024_640When was the last time you reviewed your personal insurance coverage? The New Year is a great time to review your personal insurance. Most of us know that major life events can make it necessary to update our insurance coverage. But did you know that even subtle changes can have an impact on your financial needs and plans?  Call our office today, and we can help you find the right combination of personal insurance coverage and price.

Personal Insurance

· Review my insurance to make sure I have the right coverage

  • Take the time to read my insurance policies
  • Does my independent agent have all my correct information, including new phone number, address, and newly purchased property?
  • Make sure I have identity theft insurance
  • Do I have enough life insurance?
  • Do I need life insurance for my spouse?


Other Items To Consider (you may need insurance for some of these)

  • Bought a new car or sold a car
  • Changed your marital status
  • Bought a boat, RV or ATV
  • Change of address
  • Welcomed a new baby into the family
  • Major inheritance
  • Have a new teen driver in the family
  • Child headed off to college
  • Purchased second home
  • Plan foreign travel
  • Started a home based business


Wednesday, November 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Holiday Safety Tips

aqazxaHalloween is over and that means we are in the middle of the Holiday Season. During the next 30 days, we will all be busy  shopping, eating out and traveling. Please keep these safety tips in mind, so that you can enjoy the season without incident:

Shopping Safety Tips

  • Always be aware of your surroundings.
  • Put your shopping bags in your trunk.
  • NEVER leave car doors unlocked or windows open.
  • ALWAYS park in lighted areas. Do NOT park in remote areas.
  • Shop with a friend.
  • Keep receipts in your wallet or purse.
  • Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
  • As you return to your car, make sure to keep your car key in your hand.
  • If you make expensive purchases like jewelry or guns, call our office as we may need to add these to your policy.
Home Safety Tips

  • If you are planning to vacation during the holiday, here are few ideas to consider:
  • Get a security system.
  • Trim landscaping that is too close to your house.
  • Don’t advertise your vacation on social media.
  • Cancel mail and other deliveries.
  • Leave lights on when gone.
  • Have a neighbor check on your home.
  • Always lock your garden sheds and garages.
  • Use a variable light timer to activate lights inside your home.
  • Lock all doors and windows.
  • If you gone, arrange for your lawn to be mowed.

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 1:15 pm

Did You Just Hire Biff Tannen?

angry-man-274175_640We all remember Biff Tannen from the movie series Back to the Future.  Biff was the bully who liked to push people around in high school.  Does your firm have a grown up Biff Tannen?  Even with the most effective hiring practices, you might end up with an employee who can create a serious employment practice liability issue.

Employment claims can be distracting and emotional for business owners who may feel betrayed by employees they have known and trusted.  Claims can take more than a year to resolve and many businesses suffer while owners deal with a claim.  Having an office bully can be distracting to      employees and can even reduce productivity.

Here Is a Quote from One Business Owner:

"It was the hassle factor that was so distracting.  The entire ordeal caused a lot of sleepless nights." -- Owner of a bottling plant.

Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) provides defense and indemnity protection against claims arising from the employer/employee relationship. The policy can also protect employers, including current, former and prospective employees, and directors and officers. Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) is designed to help employers respond to growing EPL exposures, such as:

· Harassment

· Wrongful termination

· Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and other government authorities

· Breach of employment contract

· Discrimination

· Wage and hour claims

· Invasion of privacy

· Compensation issues

· Employee Benefits Administration

We can design a specialized package according to your property, liability, and casualty needs.  We are also proactive in identifying any factors that may increase your premiums or change your risk, and provide consulting and risk management options to protect your business.  We are ready to help you better understand your risks.  Please call our office today.


Tuesday, October 24, 2017 5:57 pm

Do You Own Property? Then Read This. . .

Property managers have a need for proper insurance coverage.  Property Managers are often caught in disputes between owners and tenants, and cannot only be sued by their own employees, but also by the staff of the property owner.  Also, property managers who have an equity interest in property have increased risks that often lead to conflict of interest claims. There is increased litigation holding all professionals to a higher standard, including property managers.

Friday, October 13, 2017 7:48 pm

Equifax Breach Creates the Need For Identity Theft Insurance

Over 143 million Americans had their personal information exposed and stolen because of the recent Equifax breach. The credit reporting industry exists to take raw numbers, run them through mysterious algorithms, and then spit out credit report cards and scores.  These scores become final, generally unappeasable judgments that dictate the interest rates that consumers pay on mortgages, car loans, and anything else that requires borrowing.1 Therefore, it is imperative to protect your personal identity and credit.